Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Other Half

Lets talk a little bit about my Husband, Dave. He is the love of my life, but sometimes I forget that fact. He is gentle and kind and loving. He is shy, naive and very funny. He is a great father and loves our kids unconditionally in a way that I envy. He has patience to spare and lends some to me when I get past my breaking point, which seems to be often. Some might say he is the stereotypical guy-next-door.

He is also frustrating beyond belief. He is stubborn and can be passive aggressive with the best of them. If it comes to a sporting event that he wants to attend (of which there are MANY) he will find a way to go. He can be selfish without even realizing he is doing it. Sometimes he is selfish just to be a jerk.

In short, he is a typical man.

Neither of us can remember the first time we actually met. He was just part of the background of college. He used to deliver the mail to the part of the library where I worked. The ladies that I worked with did not really like the guy I was seeing at the time and wanted me to go out with "the mailman" instead. Eventually I saw the light and wanted to go out with him, but it seemed he lost interest. I then launched my plan to woo him back. Several mutual friends knew I wanted to date him and got us together for a group project in one of our classes. He said if I typed the project he would take me to dinner and the movies. I typed the paper, he took me to Chi Chi's and to see "A Few Good Men". When he was leaving he kissed my forehead. I had to actually ask if we had been on a date. It turns out we were. Who knew.

The rest, 15 years later, is history. We have had a pretty good life. Quite a few ups and quite a few downs, but such is life.

I wouldn't want to share mine with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment